Saturday, January 30, 2016

January 29-30.....2016

January 29......

Our day in Vancouver with Jean and Kim. Mainly we are all 4 of us off to a restaurant in North Vancouver. The rendezvous is with Andy's parents. Stella and Roger have organized a meeting for us in a restaurant called Thai House. It took us a little longer to get there than we thought. I am driving but it is more of a distance than everyone had anticipated.
Also, it is a funny thing but near the restaurant I elect to park the car myself and let the others get into Thai House ahead of me. The parking took a little longer than I would have liked because the Pay Station for parking was at the far side of the parking garage. The handicap parking is close to the street but the walk to pay for handicap parking is a bit long. I thought (bless me) that they pointed out the restaurant as being right across from the said parking garage. However, this kind of restaurant was a small deli restaurant. I asked the people in deli-restaurant about another restaurant but they said to go below....this different place was closed. When I asked the second time around I said that it was a Thai restaurant i was looking for....and it was across the street.
The Thai House is a respectfully good place. An easy to order lunch menu is probably everyone's choice. For about 10 dollars before taxes you can order one of about 12 selections. Adrienne and I agree to order two different selections so that we can try half of each. Pad Thai is one choice and a spicy pork is the other.
Stella and Roger are good company. The six of us have a lot more in common than I could have expected. Roger is talking about baby sitting his brother's horses in the valley. stella is talking to us about books and when statistics becomes more clear.
The afternoon is spent partially in Granville Island market again. Adrienne and Jean have to get some extra eggs, bread and supplies for our last two days in Van.


January 30.........

Finally figured out how to get into Jim's Journey Blogspot. The Hotel's computer is available but I spent yesterday going around and around the problem. I thought i had to Google my blogging. This does not work as there are so than bloggers out there. One has to sign in anyway so one has to to Blogspot "mission control" and then log in there with email address and password.
So we will head to Hawaii this afternoon. The"usual" routine for me is an early morning walk to the University Ave. area shops and then back again. The 4 of us have breakfasts at slightly different times but the eggs are those farm fresh eggs and they are very good. The coffee machine at the hotel is also a big help. Just lounging around until we pack up to go is all we have to do.
At least I am back with travel blogging.
Pictures will be a next adventure. Since I am not at home how do I get photos into the blog? The challenge will be faced.

No comments:

Post a Comment