Wednesday, January 06, 2016

January 6, 2016 The Feast of the Epiphany....Orthodox Christmas

When there was 12 days of Christmas I believe it went from Dec.25 to Jan.6. That is what I believed but I haven't Googled it.

Just a few errands to run and a quick visit to my friend Rod. Bijoy was also there at Rod's place and we commiserated for a couple of hours. Rod and Bijoy and are were small office "buds" for several years at our Laurier Heritage campus. Derek who is Rod's son was also there to talk to us.

Adrienne needed a sour cream order for the perogis she is to bring to a party tonight. And I also had to buy my father a jar of jam as he was running very low. My dad and I had a brief tea and cookies together at 2pm watching the Rideau River slide past it's first frosty frozen ice sheets. About half the river was frozen with a thin skin of newly formed not-so-solid H2O.

Anyway one more "Christmas" party tonight. It is with Sons of Bacchus a very informal wine group who like to make wine as well as imbibe some very good commercial wines.

A summer Latino festival near Ottawa City Hall.


No comments:

Post a Comment