Friday, February 12, 2016

February 10 and 11....Recovering from Snorkelling

February 10.....after Captain Cook and Wednesday  is a market day


Yes, Adrienne and I are going to take it easy today. The Captain Cook memorial snorkelling took some energy out of me for sure.
What I forget in writing the blog for Feb.9th was that we saw two whales on our snorkelling trip as well. The captain was a little surprised and stopped the boat and these whales went very close to our boat and all the other kayaks and swimmers around us. Then, just about the same time, some schools of dolphins entered the area. probably curious about what these crazy humans are up to.
When we all reached consciousness about 10 or 10:30am we thought about heading to a small market at the Sheraton Hotel not too far away. Not all markets allow crafts and food to go in one market. So Adrienne and Jean took the opportunity to buy some nice jewelry and some nice tops.
A very unbusy day which is okay but the women got the goods. They had to go back to the market the second time after lunch to pick up their jewelry and Adrienne bought one more necklace very in the local style of putting something nice together.
Pool at 3pm....I think I did not even go this time. Too tired.




February 11.......still recovering and dinner at Keei Café


I do not think I have missed a morning walk. So again at 7am or thereabouts I head always in the direction of Kahaluu Beach (the snorkel place). Sometimes I take the road direction back and forth and sometimes I start on the beach area and work through the deserted property next door and take the road back. Often I get to see the early morning surfer nuts.
All day, just about, Adrienne and I do nothing but sit around. That's okay. The main activity is pool at 3pm or so. Very refreshing.
Our reservation is at Keei Café about 8 km. from our unit. We arrive early. No problem. I order the appetizer of 5 Egg Plant Rolls. Shared with Adrienne and Jean they are delicious.
Kim and I order the Catch of the Day (Ahai). Adrienne and Jean order the duck confit dinner. All is well. And we all order mango cobbler.
And the view of   the sun setting is also pretty good. The bottle of wine is from Norton Winery in Argentina and yes it is a malbec.



















No comments:

Post a Comment